Share your 2024 TBR

I hope to read both of Carol Burnett 's books that I have this year, including this one!

1 Like

Lessons in Chemistry was such a good book.

2 Likes

2024 TBR list starts off with a George H.W. Bush comparative Presidency series:

The Bushes (Peter/Rochelle Schweizer)
The Family (Kitty Kelley)
All The Best (George H.W. Bush)
Barbara Bush (Barbara Bush)
The Witch of Painted Sorrows (M.J. Rose)
The Last Chairlift (John Irving)
The Little Blue Book (Bishop Ken Untener)
White House Clubhouse (Sean O’Brien)
Montreal’s Expo '67 (Bill Cotter)

I am the rare reader who does not like either Austen or the Brontës! I do like Ayn Rand; most readers find her books a slog but I loved them.
How about children’s classics? Little House on the Prairie series; A Wrinkle in Time, The Phantom Tollbooth, Little Women, Lord of the Flies, Animal Farm, Grapes of Wrath…I loved them all!

1 Like

Hello everyone! This is my first Bookishfirst post. In no particular order, here is my TBR for 2024- I have actually bought all of these books and they are just sitting on my shelf waiting to be read!

If you actually are reading this, my list is a combination of genres: thrillers/mystery (many!), historical fiction, science fiction, fantasy, humor, and a TINY amount of romance:

Drowning - T.J. Newman
The Mystery of the Blue Train - Agatha Christie
Run Away - Harlan Coben
Off the Deep End - Lucinda Berry
Dark Matter - Blake Crouch
The Historians - Cecilia Ekback
The Paper Palace - Miranda Cowley Heller
An Anonymous Girl - Greer Hendricks, Sarah Pekkanen
Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows - Balli Kaur Jaswal
The Half Sister - Sandie Jones
The Housemaid’s Secret - Nita Prose
A Court of Thorns & Roses - Sarah J. Maas
The Manhattan Girls - Gill Paul
The Diamond Eye - Kate Quinn
The Huntress - Kate Quinn
The Atlantis Gene (trilogy) - A.G. Riddle
Hidden In Snow - Viveca Sten
Days at the Morisaki Bookshop - Satoshi Nagisawa
Northern Spy - Flynn Berry
The Red Lotus - Chris Bohjalian
The Block Party - Jamie Day
The Night Before - Wendy Walker
Two Nights in Lisbon - Chris Pavone
The Last Grudge - Max Seeck
The Thousandth Floor (series) - Katharine McGee
Rising Tiger - Brad Thor
The Truth About Melody Browne - Lisa Jewell
Zero Days - Ruth Ware
Don’t Move - James S. Murray, Darren Wearmouth
Swamp Story - Dave Barry
Happy Place - Emily Henry
The Prisoner - B.A. Paris
Fourth Wing - Rebecca Yarros
The Good Daughter - Karin Slaughter
Dirty Laundry - Disha Bose
Mycroft Holmes - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Anna Waterhouse
My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry - Fredrik Backman
Upgrade - Blake Crouch
Daisy Darker - Alice Feeney
The Marriage Portrait - Maggie O’Farrell

2 Likes

I read The Dressmakers of Auschwitz in 2023. It was very interesting. It reads kind of differently. It does bounce back and forth a bit amongst the women who are documented and is more like a biography than reading like a story. I did enjoy it a lot and loved seeing some of the old photographs. Hope you enjoy it!

1 Like

I’m (hopefully :crossed_fingers:) getting back into the swing of reading after a work+university slump. So instead of my super long and ambitious grand TBR, I’m starting “gently” with (some of) the series I started in the past 2 years and haven’t finished yet.

1 Like

Here’s a glimpse into my TBR for this year. There are so many exciting new releases coming up.

I haven’t planned out all of my TBR yet but I have a short list -

The Battle Drum by Saara El-Arifi
We Free the Stars by Hafsah Faizal
Hunt on Dark Waters by Katee Robert
Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Throne of the Fallen by Kerri Maniscalso

Haha at least I don’t feel alone now in finding Emma to be a slog. I’m still going to try at least 2 more of hers though and see if I change my mind about Austen. And I’m interested to see if my love of Jane Eyre was an anomaly or if I’ll like more Brontës.

Big fan of some of those! As you saw I included Matilda and The Little Prince with my classics. I’m all over the place with genres. One day I’m reading Emma, then it’s The Broken Earth Trilogy, then A Little Prince, then a memoir, etc.

Are you on Goodreads? I’d be interested in following you on there and getting inspiration and adding to my ever growing TBR list.

I have 74 books right now on my TBR list. Too many to list but they include authors Sue Grafton, J. D. Robb, Nora Roberts, Elizabeth Peters (Amelia Peabody), Ellis Peters (Bro. Cadfael), Charlaine Harris, Preston and Child (Pendergast) The NKJ Bible, and I hope to read a number of non Fiction books as well. Happy Reading to all!

Of course we can be Goodreads friends! Here is my GR link: Kyle Wendy Skultety (gimmethatbook.com) (1,542 books)
and here is a link to my book blog: www.gimmethatbook.com
Happy 2024! and may all your books be wonderful…

Ive been slowly making my way through the warrior cats series, this is the final stretch

Requested. Here’s mine if it’s easier. GR can be weird sometimes with adding people I’ve found.

Check out my profile on Goodreads! Books&Ballet Alison - Asheville, NC (538 books)

1 Like

Don’t have one for the year, but here’s what I currently have checked out from the library. Only 18 books. :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

1 Like

It is impossible to make a TBR for the entire year! I can barely stick to my plan when I make a monthly TBR, haha. My only true plan is to work on finishing some series (mainly Throne of Glass and The MurderBot Diaries), read some Stephen King, resume my Kindle Unlimited membership at some point, and try to fit as many of my 1,000+ TBR books to match this year’s bingo boards as I can!

My full TBR can be found on my Goodreads! Devon (booksandbraids) (3,317 books)

Like so many others, I don’t commit to a set TBR list for a month, let alone a year! I’m definitely a mood reader [except for NetGalley ARCs—those I read when they need to be read!]. Here’s a very tiny list of books I suspect I’ll read in the near future.