Thank you - my book has arrived!

Received my copy of The Shadows today (5/8). So excited!

My copy of Good Marriage came today!

1 Like

Honestly at this point Iā€™d rather just get my points back and not get the arc because itā€™s not worth it. By the time they send it out and it actually gets to me the book will be out or basically out. This is such a waste. Like I donā€™t understand how other books are going out fine and penguin teen has no one who could do what literally every one else is doing.

2 Likes

I know. I actually had a chance to read it (it was really good btw) but I traded my copy thinking Iā€™d still get this one. And penguin teen is still hosting giveaways, crazy! Iā€™m waiting on 3 other books from them. And I hate that @bookishfirst_team isnā€™t helping any to fix the issue

2 Likes

Received A Good Marriage today!

2 Likes

Finally, after 2 delays, I received my copy of A Good Marriage by Kimberly McCreight that I claimed on 4/6. I canā€™t wait to read it now. Then I can review and get more points. BF needs to get more books that I like to claim. For the past month, I havenā€™t claimed anything. Nothing worth reading to me. I already have 3,500 points that I need to use.

1 Like

The Half Sister arrived today!

Thank you, my copy of The Half Sister arrived.

@amanda-has-a-bookcas & @sheepishlysarah ā€“ We understand your frustration and very much appreciate everyoneā€™s patience during this unprecedented time. As you may be aware, most publishers and their warehouses are still under lockdown due to the pandemic, so many are unable to ship print books at this time. This has been affecting the book industry as a whole, not just BookishFirst raffles. Weā€™re in close contact with publishers on a weekly basis, and theyā€™re all very hopeful theyā€™ll be able to send out winning copies soon, while also staying safe and healthy. As soon as each publisher is able to ship their books, we will immediately update all the winners. If you have any questions about specific raffles or your account, please contact our support team directly (bookishfirsthelp@bookish.com) so we can help you quickly and securely.

5 Likes

I emailed them just to check because I would like to support authors and review their books before the release date. If anyone has an update, let me know!

I guess Iā€™m just upset because when I used my points nothing had been shut down yet, I think it happened that week or the week after so I just really feel like I wasted my points for a book thatā€™s unlikely to get to me in time. Or it will get to me right before it publishes and I wonā€™t have a chance to read it before then. Then to see that there are books shipping out and getting to people in this forum, mine just happens not to be one of them is frustrating. I understand thereā€™s not much to be done from your guys end but I feel like those of us who used points should get them credited back in someway. If the books really arenā€™t being sent out for another week or longer thereā€™s no point in even sending the arcs.

2 Likes

The Good Marriage arrived today!

My copy of A Good Marriage arrived 5.11- thank you!!

I was starting to wonder what had happened to the e-Book delivery of The Hiding Girl since I received notification on May 5 that Iā€™d won and that estimated delivery date by email was May 9. Returning to the bookā€™s page today, I saw people leaving reviews so I did a search on my emailbox for ā€œBookishfirstā€ - it had apparently been emailed to me on May 6 but bypassed my Primary gmail box and went into promotions, unlike other emails from BookishFirst Help ā€¦ maybe because I was on the bcc line and not the to line. Good thing I went to hunt for it. For anyone else who is unused to e-book deliveries and might not have found it, search for it! Thereā€™s not a lot of resources here for e-book help so wanted to point this out!

2 Likes

So Iā€™m ok with having to wait for my books because Iā€™m still getting books for free that I wouldā€™ve otherwise missed. But how is it that both Kinder Poison and Jo & Laurie already have so many reviews? Is it possible to get an ecopy of it as well? I do not see any emails about it anywhere so Iā€™m just wondering.

My copy of The Good Marriage arrived yesterday (5/11). Currently trying to read it as fast as possible to still get the review sharing points!

I also am waiting on a copy of The Kinder Poison that I claimed. Has anyone received theirs or is that one delayed still?

1 Like

So jealous!!!

Any chance you feel like sharing after you read it?

My copy of The Shadows arrived today! :blush:

3 Likes

My copy of A Good Marriage arrived yesterday! (5/12) Trying to read it as fast as I can so I can review it asap!

Iā€™m still waiting on The Kinder Poison and Goddess in the Machine :frowning:

1 Like