Thank you - my book has arrived!

I’m also waiting for Goddess in the Machine.

2 Likes

I got my copy of THe Shadows (5/11), but I’m still waiting on Goddess In the Machine. I’m an influencer for Penguin Teen, and they ended up sending me eARCs of both books. I’m a bit frustrated, because I emailed BookishFirst asking to just get my points back, at least for Kinder Poison since it’s 2 months late, but I was told they have no way of doing that? Pretty disappointing. I will definitely be more sparing of my points, now! I understand, but I wish at some point they’d send everyone who still wants one an eARC and then redistribute the points.

6 Likes

I still don’t have my copy of a good marriage

I got my copy of the good marriage 5/11.

So I won an Arc once and it didn’t come in time before it was published. They ended up sending me a finished copy of the book instead. They might do that instead.

2 Likes

I just received The Orphan Collector today 5/16

1 Like

Awesome! Do you know what delivery service was used? Usps? Ups? FedEx? Other? Curious about whether I should check my mailbox or wait patiently in my apartment…heh :sweat_smile:

USPS dropped it off today!

1 Like

I’m guessing that BookishFirst just means they can’t “cancel” a redemption of points because our shipping info has already been passed on to the publisher, which I understand. But I’m hoping their team will consider at least a partial refund of points for those publishers experiencing massive delays, in addition to an extended grace period for posting reviews on those books.

To the @bookishfirst_team: I don’t think anyone is mad that warehouses or staff couldn’t get out physical copies over the past couple of months—we get it. But being able to redeem points for books is a huge incentive to write reviews and first impressions, which clearly have some amount of value to the publishers and authors who participate in the program. Refunding points spent for that time lost would cost the company nothing, so I’m struggling to understand the reluctance there.

I’m waiting on one book myself, which I used 2000 points to claim, that has no updated ETA and is supposed to come out next month. I guess we’ll see.

11 Likes

Thank you! My copy of The Orphan Collector came today! I cant wait to read it!

1 Like

I got mine today, too!

I also received A Good Marriage (on May 12th)! I was excited to get it and completely understand the delay! Thanks again for the ARCs, always appreciated!

1 Like

I received my copy of The Orphan Collector today (5/18/20). The stickers are an awesome bonus!

I used points for Goddess in the Machine, Jo & Laurie, and My Eyes are Up Here. I would really like to get at least some points back since Penguin Teen is not sending out ARCS right now. I’d accept an E-ARC but they aren’t even offering that. I just want some indication of what they are gonna do.

5 Likes

and add The Kinder Poison to the list of Penguin Teen books not being sent out!

1 Like

Its fusterating with Penguin teen for at least not offering Ebooks. I think Penguin Teen is the only ones not sending out physical arcs. But I believe other publishers are still sending out but they are just delayed. I just wish we knew if they plan to send the books out, or else I will save my points and not claim their books.

My copy of The Shadows is nowhere to be found and I used my points for this book. I was hoping to get my points back but after reading some of the comments here doesn’t seem like that will happen. sighs

1 Like

My copy of the sin in the steel arrived 5.23- thank you☺

2 Likes

My copy of The Sin in the Steel arrived 5.23. Thanks!

I got The Sin in the Steel on 05.23.2020. Thank you!