Thank you - my book has arrived!

I’m waiting on both Goddess in the Machine and Jo & Laurie, but it’s good to know that I’m not alone! If you don’t mind me asking, how did you become a Penguin Teen influencer? I’ve heard about their program, but I would love to get an insider’s perspective!

2 Likes

I am also waiting for Jo & Laurie and Goddess in the Machine, I am disappointed that the books were even listed if Penguin Teen has decided to not send them out; especially since they aren’t communicating.

Last I heard re: their influencer list was when the previous person left at the end of last year. Are they still sending out request grid emails?

3 Likes

I haven’t gotten a single request grid since she left.

Ok, glad it isn’t just me then. I was curious since someone mentioned Penguin Teen sent out an email re: not sending physical arcs right now.

Has anyone received Orphan Collector yet? Still haven’t gotten mine and its been a few months.

@smbergin I know a couple people have gotten there’s already starting May 15th but I’m still waiting on my copy as well. Glad to know I’m not alone!

1 Like

@smbergin I’m still waiting for mine as well

1 Like

I got the email from them about a month ago? They made it clear they don’t know when or if they’ll start sending out physical copies of anything. I did get the email with sign ups for eARCS, and I think I was able to get just about everything I requested? I’m also doing a bookstagram tour for Jo & Laurie, but the Penguin Teen warehouse didn’t recieve physical copies of the book, yet, so I think it also has something to do with their printers, not just ARCs? Not sure!

2 Likes

I think I requested an ARC from them via email and someone on the marketing team forwarded me a link to sign up. They usually send out a massive email once a quarter with everything they have to offer, and you respond with what you’re interested. I also get emails about readalongs, bookstagram tours, and cover reveals, and they usually reward you by participating in those with finished copies of the book or ARCs. It’s of coruse a bit different right now, so though they’re still doing most of those, everything is digital. I’m sure you can find a link on their website, I jsut received mine through email!

4 Likes

I am still waiting as well. You are not alone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good to know. Thanks for all the responses.

My book of “The Sin in the Steel” has just arrived. Thank you!

@kalventure I guess I’m no longer on their list :joy:

1 Like

I’ve tried contacting Penguin Teen a few times, with no luck. Guess I’m just not important enough for a response :joy:

At this point, I’m just on the hunt via ARC trading groups to find the ones I need. Or I’ll just purchase finished copies. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Interesting; I will do a quick search to see if there’s a new request grid link. I was on the list but the person left last Fall and I haven’t gotten anything since. The few emails I’ve sent requesting arcs since then have gone unanswered, which is why I’ve been focusing on BookishFirst for Penguin Teen titles.

Thank you!

1 Like

My ARC of The Sin in the Steel arrived today, May 27th! Thank you! I can’t wait to read it!

1 Like

Not yet! My fingers are crossed that we will get it in tome to read and review before the pub date!

I created a post with some information about the book :slight_smile:

No, haven’t received it. So disappointed. I understand the delay but it’s now starting to get a little redundant. Come on Penguin Teen! I feel so bad for the author, I can’t believe they didn’t push her release date back like others especially because she’s a debut. I’m also disappointed in @bookishfirst_team for not restoring our points for those of us who used them (me!) on penguin teen books. I’m now hesitant to use any points on anything right now.

4 Likes

Oh thank goodness. I saw some people receiving theirs and have been stalking my mailbox with no luck. I used my points for the book and I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one who hasn’t gotten their book yet. Fingers crossed it comes soon!

1 Like