BookishFirst Holiday Party

Hi everyone! :gift:
I just wanted to pop in quick and say I’m so happy to be a part of this amazing community!

:black_heart:

2 Likes

:gift::gift::gift:
Favorite book you read:
So tough!! The Bride Test or Red, White and Royal Blue or Sawkill Girls!!

Favorite review you shared on BookishFirst:
Magic For Liars! (This was probably in my top 5 faves this year!)
Won’t let me post the link…

Total books read:
168 right now (hopefully add a few more before the end of the year!)

Most read genre:
Young Adult and Contemporary Romance…

Number of BookishFirst raffle wins:
6-8? It’s kind of hard to tell when some of the contests were for the books and some of my reviews I can’t remember if I just read on my own or if I won a copy…

Share any of your own exciting book-related stats:
I’m a big re-reader as well… I re-read 63 books so far this year.

3 Likes

:gift::christmas_tree::snowman:
Hi everyone!

• Favorite book you read - SO hard to choose just one! I greatly enjoyed Winterwood by Shea Ernshaw :evergreen_tree:
  • Favorite review you shared on BookishFirst (share a link!) - I haven’t left any reviews, but I quite enjoyed the first few chapters of The Vanishing Deep :ocean:. Sadly didn’t win a copy of that ARC.
  • Total books read - I didn’t keep track this year unfortunately.
  • Most read genre - YA Fantasy
  • Number of BookishFirst raffle wins - None yet! Fingers crossed I’ll get one next year :slight_smile:

So looking forward to 2020 with BookishFirst! :heart:

1 Like

Hello all!!!
Well, right now I’m at 75 but my goal was 100. I hope to do it for sure in 2020. I think I won two this year from Bookish first so thank you! One of my faves on Bookish First ever (not 2019) was The Wife Between Us.
But one of my faves not on Bookish First this year was How Not to Die Alone by Richard Roper. An older book I really liked was My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry by Fredrik Backman. I cried! I wish there was more time to read! lol Happy 2020 everyone! :gift:

1 Like
  • Favorite book you read: The World That We Knew by Alice Hoffman
  • Favorite review you shared on BookishFirst (share a link!): Frankly in Love by David Yoon
  • Total books read: 67
  • Most read genre: Historical fiction
  • Number of BookishFirst raffle wins: 5

Happy Holidays BookishFirst and my fellow readers!!:gift:

• Favorite book you read - this year it would be The Bookish Life of Nina Hill
  • Total books read - just finished book 55 of this year
  • Most read genre - this year has been a lot more contemporary fiction and romance
  • Number of BookishFirst raffle wins - I think I’ve won 6 raffles
  • Share any of your own exciting book-related stats! Based on my Goodreads year in review, I’ve read 18,349 pages this year. It’s probably more since I’ve started several books but haven’t recorded them since I didn’t finish yet.

Happy holidays everyone! :gift:

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas! I have to think hard on favorite book. It changes with time. Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe was definitely one of them, thank you Bookish First. :gift:
I hope everyone gets books for Christmas and time to read!

4 Likes

:gift: Favorite book

• The Grace Year or Radium Girls… can’t decide

Favorite Review

• A River of Royal Blood it was so much fun to read and the review just flowed.

-Books Read
So far I have read 67 book. Hoping to hit 70!

• Most read genre
    YA and specifically YA fantasy

-Number of Bookish first raffle wins

-Book related stats
Ummm I haven’t really done much tracking this year. I did just edit/make a really detailed tracker for 2020 I am excited about.

2 Likes

I’ve had a slow reading year in 2019, illness. But I’m excited to get back into reading again in 2020! I’m planning on creating a reading resolution for the first time!! I was actually inspired by the BookishFirst article about resolutions. Any ideas, tips, whatever would be Very welcome!! Thanks in advance!!

1 Like

Ooh I’ll have to read that one! I own The Woman in the Mirror and thought they were the same for a second and I got all excited. :joy::joy::santa::mrs_claus::gift::gift::snowflake:

:gift: I forgot to add this!!

I hope you’re feeling better! What’s your favorite genres? It will make it easier to list some books knowing that info. Have a Merry Christmas! :snowflake::gift:

1 Like

@thelovebug that’s supposed to be a secret
:joy::joy::joy::joy: :santa::santa::mrs_claus::mrs_claus::gift::gift::snowflake::snowflake:

To Best The Boys by Mary Weber was my favorite book the year :gift:
My favorite review I posted through Bookish First was for The Gilded Wolves, which I can’t wait to read the Silvered Serpents next year.

I’ve read 295 books in 2019, with 11 more days to squeeze in a few more.

Romance is my most read genre.

I have not won any raffles in 2019, but super excited and positive about 2020.
I’m super proud to have read 40 ARCs this year and found several new to me authors that I can’t wait to read more from.

2 Likes
  • Favorite book you read: Where the Crawdads Sing
  • Favorite review you shared on BookishFirst: Juliet Takes a Breath
  • Total books read: no idea. I stopped keeping track after the first 50!
  • Most read genre: rom coms!
  • Number of BookishFirst raffle wins: 5

My first BookishFirst raffle I entered I won! :gift:

1 Like
  • Favorite book you read: The Starless Sea
  • Favorite review you shared on BookishFirst: Song of the Crimson Flower
  • Total books read: 85
  • Most read genre: YA
  • Number of BookishFirst raffle wins: 3!
    Looking forward to more books and fun in 2020! :gift:
2 Likes
  • Favorite book you read: Waking Olivia by Elizabeth O’roark
  • Favorite review you shared on BookishFirst: Reborn vol 1 by Meredith Wild
  • Total books read: 871
  • Most read genre: Romance
  • Number of BookishFirst raffle wins: 3 :gift:
1 Like

Oh that should be an easy question lol My favorite authors-
JD Robb
Anne Tyler
Melissa Foster (just found her last month!)
Marie Astor

That’s off the top of my head. So I guess based on these authors, suspense. But I really like Contemporary Romance and I’ve loved Biographies/Autobiographies since my mother introduced me to them as a child. Plus, if there’s a book outside of my " normal reading genres" I’m all for trying others!

Sorry such a long response! Merry Christmas!!

1 Like

Ooh! You’re right! Ssshhhh!! lol

1 Like

Favorite book you read: Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Favorite review you shared on BookishFirst: Rememberance by Rita Woods. The book spoke to me and I was featured in the newsletter because of it. It was also my first win.
Total books read: I didn’t start keeping track until October and since then I’ve read nearly 40. I’ve been pretty consistent with my reading all year so I’m going to say I’ve read close to 100.
Most read genre: YA and historical fiction
Number of BookishFirst wins: 4 - 2 with points, and 2 from reviews. My wins include: Remembrance, The Janes, The Queen’s Assassin and The Kingdom of Back. :gift::snowflake::santa::gift::snowflake::santa:

2 Likes