Friday Question #1: Which BookishFirst book is your favorite?

Once Upon a River by Diane Setterfield. Best read this year :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The First Mistake by Sandie Jones has been my favorite!

My book club and I really enjoyed The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle! We all agreed that it would make an awesome movie someday!

1 Like

I enjoyed that one too!! It started a little slow but the last 100 pages or so were amazingly fast paced!

1 Like

Iā€™ll have to check that one out!

1 Like

My favorite book that I won would have to be The Goodluck Girls by Charlotte Nicole Davis.
Though I went and found copies of How It Feels to Float by Helena Fox and Wilder Girls by Rory Power when I didnā€™t win the Raffle.
Iā€™m so bad at picking just one!!

2 Likes

Hands down Four Dead Queens!

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna preface this with the fact that Iā€™m really not a fan of horrorā€¦ I received an ARC of Wilder Girls at Yallwest, and while I enjoyed the book well enough, I was surprised at the overwhelming reactions people had to it.

2 Likes

I have a copy of this & havenā€™t read it yet. Iā€™m gonna have to start it soon!

Yeah, people either loved it or hated it. Iā€™m not too much of a horror fan either (besides body horror but no one saw that coming haha) so I understand some of the reactions. But overall, especially considering a lot of the YA releases this year, itā€™s pretty good in comparison

I thought this would be hard to answer but nope! My favorite bookish first book (so far) is Once Upon A River by Diane Setterfield. (I wrote a pretty good review but I canā€™t link it)

1 Like

I loved Cilkaā€™s Journey!! It was a powerful book

3 Likes

I adored this book! I read it then immediately downloaded the audiobook and listened to it. I already pre-ordered the 3rd book!

Anyone else claim a copy of The Kingdom of Back by Marie My? :raising_hand_woman::raising_hand_woman: Iā€™ve been waiting for this book for so long and Iā€™m really excited to receive my copy. This is the second book Iā€™ve claimed with points, the first being The Kingā€™s Assassin by Melissa De La Cruz.

Have you claimed any books using points? If so, how many? Which ones did you choose?

1 Like

I was seriously considering using my points for this one but by the time I was able to get on to the site all the claimable copies were gone! :woman_shrugging:t4: I still entered the raffle tho! I hope you love it!

I really enjoyed both Followers by Megan Angelo and Song of the Crimson Flower by Julie C Dao.

1 Like

I claimed Kingdom of Back with points too! It is the first time Iā€™ve used points and Iā€™m so excited to read it! I didnā€™t want to miss out on it by chancing the raffle.

1 Like

My favorite book so far has been The Good Luck Girls
Bonus: The Deep- which I didnā€™t win on bookishfirst but decided to try from my library. I think both stories connect and add to a larger conversation

2 Likes

For me it is a tie between The Dream Daughter by Diane Chamberlain and The Fountains of Silence by Ruta Sepetys. There were other books I rated high, but these two touched my heart and were an enjoyable read despite some sad scenes.

1 Like

Wilder Girls I got from Netgalley and loved it!

1 Like