šŸŽ‰ Meet & Greet!

Welcome to the BookishFirst Lounge: a place to relax & chat with fellow readers! You can join in a current topic or start a new topic to ask questions, create polls, share gifs, and get to know each other.

Here are a few conversation starters to help break the ice :wink: Just be sure to follow the Forum Guidelines to keep this a respectful, safe, and fun place for all. :heart:

To kick things off, introduce yourself to the community by replying below with:

• Your name (or username)
  • Your favorite genre to read/listen to
  • The book you recommend most often to fellow readers
9 Likes

Iā€™m Lisa Bateman. I love just about any book but my favorites are paranormal romance, urban fantasy, cozy mysteries and psychological thrillers. I often recommend The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides

5 Likes

Lisa, I loved this one too!

1 Like

Hi, all! Iā€™m Suzanne and Iā€™m fairly bookish. Iā€™m currently finishing up 11/22/63 by Stephen King, and my next read will likely be some nonfiction for November. Letā€™s be friends on IG- Iā€™m @thebookblondie

3 Likes

Hi Suzanne. Is that Stephen King book good? I bought it way back when it came out but never got around to reading it.

1 Like

I literally did the same thing! I got it back in the summertime and procrastinated on reading it because of the lengthā€¦ but it was AMAZING! I figured with 11/22 coming up soon, it was the perfect time to dive in.

1 Like

Hi! Iā€™m Cathie. I love reading but tend to be a bit of a slower reader - finding the time tends to be difficult sometimes. I work full-time and have 2 boys (aged 20 and 17). I enjoy reading fiction - mysteries, thrillers, crime and chick-lit books. Some of my favorite authors are John Grisham, James Patterson, David Baldacci, Jodi Picoult, Adriana Trigiani, Lisa Gardner and Liane Moriarty.

1 Like

Hi! Iā€™m Maria. I usually read literary fiction, nonfiction, and speculative (sci-fi, fantasy, magical realism, etc.) fiction but this year Iā€™ve been trying to venture outside of my usual bubble. Bookish has been great for that because I can get a ā€œfirst lookā€ to see if Iā€™d be interested.

ā€œManā€™s Search for Meaningā€ is a book Iā€™d recommend to everyone: https://www.brainpickings.org/2013/03/26/viktor-frankl-mans-search-for-meaning/

1 Like

I actually just picked up my first venture into magic realism - Nothing to See Here by Kevin Wilson. Iā€™m loving it!

3 Likes

Iā€™m Rebecca of RebeccaReviewedIt. I love reading all types of books, mostly suspense, thriller, mystery, historical fiction sometimes, nonfiction. I like reading physical books, rather than ebooks or listening to audiobooks. I typically recommend anything by Liane Moriarty, The Passengers by John Marrs, and of course Cilkaā€™s Journey (which I won from BookishFirst)!

3 Likes

Iā€™m Sheila Samuelson. My username is bookaddict28.
My fave genre to read is:
YA, Romance, Thriller, Mystery, Crime, Contemporary, Historical Fiction and Christian Fiction.
Book i recommand most often to readers are:Me Before you Series by Jojo Moyes.

2 Likes

Hi! waves my name is Jocelyn and my Instagram is @Bookishphantom :slightly_smiling_face: I love reading mostly Fantasy Romance, Paranormal Romance, and Contemporary Romance. Basically anything with romance and a good plot! LOL nice to meet you all!

1 Like

Hi All! I am Theresa and my Instagram is @Authortrhorne (because I write books too). I love to read thriller, mystery and dystopia for the most part but Iā€™ll pick up just about anything if it catches my eye. Iā€™m super shallow and usually go for a great book cover before genre. Lol. I love taking surveys (oddly enough, I never run out of opinions), eating food, watching anime (Bleach is currently on my FireStick) and reading books and reviewing them on my blog, Raging Book Reviews.

1 Like

My name is Sarah. My favorite genre is historical fiction. The book I always recommend is Where The Crawdads Sing

3 Likes

Hey everyone. Iā€™m Katie, I live in Louisiana. I recommend The Hating Game and The Nightingale the most - depending on who asks! I like romcom, historical fiction, and psychological thrillers mostly. Follow me on insta @3heartsandawish.

2 Likes

Hi. Iā€™m Michelle. I love reading many genres. My favorites are mysteries, thrillers, all types of speculative fiction, and I LOVE horror. I have read many great books lately. I loved Anne Bishopā€™s book, Wild Country. It does help if youā€™ve read the books in the Others series, as well as the book before Wild Country. I wouldnā€™t recommend just jumping into this series. It is most definitely worth reading, though. I love that this entire series manages to create a believable world, with characters worth knowing, and does NOT include romance. This is such a welcome change from the overwhelming amount of romance I tend to see in fantasy these days.

3 Likes

Hi all! Iā€™m Meigan. Iā€™m loving seeing what everyone is currently reading! My current read is All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater. Iā€™m currently stuck in a YA rut, but I normally read across a whole range of age groups and genres. My favorites are horror, literary fiction, anything suspenseful, and historical fiction. Looking forward to talking books with everyone :relaxed:

2 Likes

Hi everyone! Iā€™m Brittany, i.e. the Tattooed Bibliophile! I read across most fictional genres, but my favorites are Austen, Bronte, Maas and Bardugo, Steven King and Dean Koontz! I write a book blog and Insta page and would love to be bookish friends!

3 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Brittany Lee, reader first, published contributing author second, this February!

You can also find me on most social media platforms spreading positivity & information about holistic health: @itsblee1234

My favorite reads are self-help and spirituality, but I am an eclectic reader. My all-time favorite book is ā€œMemoirs of a Geishaā€ by Arthur Golden. Feel free to connect with me! Enjoy your day!

2 Likes

Hi Everyone! Iā€™m Jaymi and my blog is OrangeCountyReaders dot com. I live in Southern California and love attending author events and book signings. Find me on Instagram @orangecountyreads

I love narrative nonfiction and dramas about family and overcoming a past tragedy. My recent favorite fiction title was Everything You Are by Kerry Anne King. Recent nonfiction favorites include Sally Fieldā€™s ā€œIn Piecesā€ and the End of Your Life Bookclub.

Looking forward to chatting books!

1 Like