šŸŽ‰ Meet & Greet!

Hi, I am Elena. I love historical and literary fiction =) For this year, I highly recommend ā€œWhere the forest meets the starsā€, ā€œThe lost girls of Parisā€, ā€œA woman is no manā€, ā€œMiracle Creekā€ and ā€œSearching for Sylvie Leeā€

1 Like

Hi all. I am Joan from Salt Lake. I love books, all genre and media. I like Ruth Ware a lot, I loved the books by Michelle Obama and Melinda Gates. I am currently reading Persuasion when facts donā€™t seem to matter and listening to The Witches are coming. I enjoy books by Joy Ellis as the prose is so very relaxing. As for magical realism I enjoyed UnderGround Railroad from last year I think and The Water Dancer.

1 Like

Great choice Maria. Definitely a lifelong favorite for me.

2 Likes
  • Lee-ann
  • YA Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Glory Oā€™Brienā€™s History of the Future by A.S. King
2 Likes

Hello - I am Elizabeth of Silverā€™s Reviews

I have a book blog that features historical fiction, mystery, and womenā€™s fiction.

I ALWAYS recommend THE PARIS ARCHITECT by Charles Belfoure, SHADOW OF THE WIND by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, and THE THIRTEENTH TALE by Diane Setterfield.

Nice to meet everyone.

Elizabeth

2 Likes

Hi Fiona, Thanks for joining and participating in our Forum. For giveaways, you can join the UK version of our site over at: https://www.readersfirst.co.uk/

Hello fellow readers! Iā€™m Valerie and my Bookstagram handle is @happiestwhilereading. I read broadly but my favorite genres are literary fiction, memoir, and Christian fiction. I most often recommend Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger and Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler.

1 Like

Welcome Lisa!! :partying_face: The Silent Patient was a stand-out for many BookishFirst readers this year. :smile:

2 Likes

I LOVED Vox! I feel it didnā€™t get that much love when it first came outā€¦

3 Likes

Hi everyone! Iā€™m Kim or in bookish circles WhimsicalNarratives (Instagram). Iā€™ve broaden my reading genres over the last year or two, but I will always love Fantasy the most. I love to recommend any book by V.E. Schwab!

1 Like

Hi everyone! My name is Leelynn (sometimesleelynnreads) and Iā€™m so excited for this! I need to do more first impression reviews so this should help me get the ball rolling! I love reading and listening to YA Fantasy, but Iā€™m always down for some historical fiction, contemporary, and a little bit of romance every once in a while! Right now the book that I am recommending to everyone is We Set the Dark on Fire by Tehlor Kay Mejia!

1 Like

Hi Kim! Welcome to the BookishFirst Forum. We hope the wide range of BookishFirst genres helps with your reading exploration. :blush:

1 Like

:wave: Welcome to the Forum, Suzanne! We hope your Nonfiction November is going well.

Hi, Iā€™m Leslie, my username is readerleslie (also my Twitter handle). I love literary fiction and historical fiction but often read mysteries and non-fiction, too. I read quite a advance copies of books. There are so many books I can rave about, but I do love Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine and A Gentleman in Moscow. Just couldnā€™t get into Where the Crawdads Sing.

1 Like

HI! Iā€™m Chanda. My favorite genres are Romance (fantasy, historical, and paranormal) and YA (fantasy, dystopian, and sci-fi). I listen on audio to about 70% of the 120+ books I read because I have a really long commute and work a job where I can sometimes listen while I work. The book I recommend the most is The Hating Game by Sally Thorne. Iā€™m not even usually a big fan on contemporary, but THG is enemies to lovers at itā€™s finest.

1 Like

Hi Cathie! We bet many BookishFirst Readers can relate to the struggle of finding time to read. Hopefully you can find some tips to help with that here!

1 Like

Welcome Maria! We are so glad to hear that. What are some BookishFirst books that you read this year that were outside of your comfort zone?

1 Like
  • Jill (aka thewellreadpug)
  • Favorite genre to read: Post-Apocalyptic/Dystopian
  • The book you recommend most often to fellow readers: There are so many! I can recommend a book for just about any genre!
2 Likes

I loved VOX as well! It was my first ever ARC that I won (not from BookishFirst)

3 Likes

Hi all! Iā€™m Kerri and my favorite genre is fantasy or sci-fi, though Iā€™ll read just about anything. The book I tend to recommend the most is The Night Circus.

1 Like