Thank you - my book has arrived!

@kalventure I guess Iā€™m no longer on their list :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried contacting Penguin Teen a few times, with no luck. Guess Iā€™m just not important enough for a response :joy:

At this point, Iā€™m just on the hunt via ARC trading groups to find the ones I need. Or Iā€™ll just purchase finished copies. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Interesting; I will do a quick search to see if thereā€™s a new request grid link. I was on the list but the person left last Fall and I havenā€™t gotten anything since. The few emails Iā€™ve sent requesting arcs since then have gone unanswered, which is why Iā€™ve been focusing on BookishFirst for Penguin Teen titles.

Thank you!

1 Like

My ARC of The Sin in the Steel arrived today, May 27th! Thank you! I canā€™t wait to read it!

1 Like

Not yet! My fingers are crossed that we will get it in tome to read and review before the pub date!

I created a post with some information about the book :slight_smile:

No, havenā€™t received it. So disappointed. I understand the delay but itā€™s now starting to get a little redundant. Come on Penguin Teen! I feel so bad for the author, I canā€™t believe they didnā€™t push her release date back like others especially because sheā€™s a debut. Iā€™m also disappointed in @bookishfirst_team for not restoring our points for those of us who used them (me!) on penguin teen books. Iā€™m now hesitant to use any points on anything right now.

4 Likes

Oh thank goodness. I saw some people receiving theirs and have been stalking my mailbox with no luck. I used my points for the book and Iā€™m glad to hear Iā€™m not the only one who hasnā€™t gotten their book yet. Fingers crossed it comes soon!

1 Like

You saw people receive Kinder Poison??? I havenā€™t seen anyone get it!

No, cstrong555 was replying to an earlier comment about The Orphan Collector. Still outta luck on Kinder Posion :confused:

I received my copy of The Sin in the Steel! Canā€™t wait for my other two!

I received my copy of The Exiles which was an extra giveaway.

It really shouldnā€™t fall on us to have to individually email the publisher and hope they respond, though. Thatā€™s something @bookishfirst_team should be working out with Penguin Teen on our behalf, because isnā€™t that the whole point of being the middleman service?

Taps screen ā€¦yā€™all still here? I mean, Iā€˜m assuming you are, since someone was able to post not one, but two different bingo cards for this month. Weā€™re headed into June now, and the last update we got was in April. So whatā€™s the word, @bookishfirst_team?

4 Likes

I definitely agree, but at this pointā€¦weā€™re just at a standstill it seems. Thereā€™s not much of a response on anyoneā€™s part.

I saw that Penguin Teen is listing giveaways again on Goodreads. Maybe this is a good sign that ours will be coming soon? :woman_shrugging:

I received my copy of The Sin in the Steel over the weekend! Thank you :sunny:

Has anyone heard anything from Penguin Teen about their ARCs? I claimed points for one and then won another one, and was just wondering if they were getting back to normal yet.

4 Likes

Any update on Jo & Laurie or any Penguin Teen book?? I used points on Goddess in the Machine and My Eyes are Up Here.

2 Likes

Has anyone received their copy of The Kinder Poison yet? I claimed the book with points when it was available. The publication date is just two weeks away and I donā€™t have my copy yet! Just wondering if they are out there.

Iā€™m waiting on them too!!

I also used my points to claim a kinder poison and I won goddess in the machine and I still havenā€™t received any of them.

1 Like