Welcome Back to the Forum Party šŸ„³

Welcome to the BookishFirst community!! :tada:

1 Like

Hi Jenny! Shine has such a pretty cover. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hi Jane! Weā€™re very happy to have the Forum back as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

What historical romance authors do you like? I love Tessa Dareā€™s books but Iā€™m always looking for new recommendations :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tessa Dare is great! My two favorites right now are Sarah MacLean and Joanna Shupe. - @bookish_dana

1 Like

Hi Annie, Sorry to hear you havenā€™t won anything yet. You can always build up points to claim books that youā€™re interest in. We also have tips for writing book reviews here: āœ Tips for Writing a Good Book Review

Now that the Forum is back, weā€™re hoping to have tips for writing First Impressions here in the Forum as well.

1 Like

Hi everyone! My name is Jen. Iā€™d have to say the best book that Iā€™ve read since the Forum has been down is The Migration by Helen Marshall. It is a dystopian novel about a pandemic affecting children, so it may not be one for everyone due to current events, but I found it to be very beautifully written.

I just recently purchased a copy of Magic Lessons by Alice Hoffman, which was released today, along with Practical Magic and Rules of Magic. Iā€™m excited to read all three this month! Practical Magic is one of my favorite movies and I canā€™t believe I havenā€™t read the book yet. The series feels perfect for October :jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

Hi Sierra, This series sounds so fun. Weā€™re glad to have everyone back :slight_smile:

I just discovered special edition books! It seems like collecting them can add up pretty quickly haha. What are some of your favorites?

I set my goal for the same number of books! Iā€™m a little bit behind, currently sitting at 103/150, but I think I can make it up before the end of the year. What is the last 5-star historical romance youā€™ve read? Iā€™ve read a lot of YA lately, but my heart lives in historical fiction, especially when there is romance involved :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Jen! Happy to have you back in the Forum. You were one of the first BookishFirst readers to join and Iā€™m pretty sure you attended the first ā€œWelcome to the Forum partyā€ :smiley:

1 Like

Yes! Super fun to have a romance raffle this week. https://www.bookishfirst.com/books/notorious

Yes, I did! I was also a winner of the first giveaway that was hosted in the Forum! Glad to have the Forum back! I run a Bookish First readers club on Goodreads, but the format on Goodreads is rather restrictive, so itā€™s nice to have this Forum to chat with other readers!

2 Likes

Iā€™m Veronica!

I just joined Bookish First (so I didnā€™t even realize there was a forum!), but Iā€™ve been reading a ton of modern Austen retellings and ARCs lately. My TBR is huge right now, but Iā€™m probably most excited about V.E. Schwabā€™s Shades of Magic series!

2 Likes

Hi Veronica! I adore Jane Austen. What are your favorite retellings? - @bookish_dana

And if you have to come up with any enrichment activities on your own, there are some printables and ideas at that good olā€™ standby- Scholastic. Iā€™m not sure what grade level, but they handle basically K-9th.

Ahhh thatā€™s right!! And we canā€™t agree more. This space is such a great community and we missed it so much.

Welcome back! And yay for The Companion and Skyhunter :slight_smile:

Hi everyone, As my member name suggests, Iā€™m Rebecca. I like a variety of books, and one thing that I have loved about BookishFirst is that I discover authors and titles that I otherwise might have passed over, thinking a story would not appeal to me. Itā€™s so fun to be proven wrong. Also, because I want to be fair with my book reviews, there are times where I wasnā€™t sure I wanted to continue reading, but was glad that I did since a slow-starter novel can often continue to pick up its pace.

2 Likes

Iā€™m someone who strives to not DNF books because I always hope that they will improve after a slow start. Sometimes it doesnā€™t work out, but Iā€™m always so thankful when a book is able to change my mind! I think I started The Host by Stephenie Meyer about three or four times and couldnā€™t get into it, but when I finally set my mind to it, it turned out to be one of my favorite books!

2 Likes